Deadline for submissions: July 1, 2019
In recognition of Vyetta Sunderland’s focus on excellence and her lifelong commitment to education, BOMI Canada with the support of BOMI International has established the Vyetta Sunderland Scholarship Award. Applicants must be currently entering, pursuing, or engaged in a career in property or facility management.
The one-time award(s) will have a value of not more than $2,000 (Cdn) which can be applied to self-study, in class or on-line course registration fees. Enrollment fees, travel expenses, and other fees are the responsibility of the recipient. The award is not limited to a specific number of course registrations or a specific delivery method, but recipients have three years in which to use the value of the award, after which time any remaining value will be forfeited. Recipients are required to successfully complete the course examination in order to register for the next course within the maximum value of the award. Recipients who do not achieve a passing grade will be allowed one examination retake at their expense. If a passing grade is not achieved upon retaking the examination, the remainder of the award will be forfeited.
Applicants must submit the following, as incomplete applications will not be considered: ·
- Application Form
- Two references.
- Both references should be from an industry source (employer, mentor, instructor, etc.), and one should be a BOMI International designation graduate (RPA®, FMA®, SMA®, or SMT®).
- Applicants new to the industry who cannot get a reference from a graduate, may use a second industry source.
- References should attest to your academic abilities, character, and qualifications.
- Applicants should request references be completed and returned (alternative option is to have them send it to BOMI Canada) to the applicant in a sealed envelope with their signature over the flap.
- Personal Statement
- The applicant’s personal statement should be limited to one page and include the following:
- A statement of purpose and intent, including career objectives and any other information, such as community service, leadership activities, etc., which would aid the committee in the decision-making process.
- How a BOMI International education would impact the applicant’s professional career.
- An indication of whether or not the applicant is eligible to receive financial support from either their employer or another professional association.
Applications will be evaluated in an objective and nondiscriminatory manner by an independent committee of experienced members of the industry. Individuals who receive funding from their employer, but less than 100%, are eligible for the scholarship, however, preference will be given to those who receive limited or no funding. No scholarships may be awarded to an officer, manager or trustee of BOMI Canada, BOMI International, or to a member of the independent committee.
Family members of these individuals are also not eligible to receive scholarship awards.